We are always building Fluid Topics with our customers in mind. Released on December 16th, Fluid Topics version 3.9 is a case in point as it is 100% dedicated to reinforcing the key features championed by our users. Find out what’s new:
Reader page enhancements
The Reader page has been improved:
- A user-friendly, actionable title bar at the top of the content pane that displays document information and action buttons for structured and unstructured documents.
- The possibility to switch from a document to its equivalent in another language, version, or OS, for example. A portal admin can configure the pivot metadata to obtain the best matches.
- The ability to configure action shortcuts near the title and contextual menu that grant users direct access to the most popular actions, such as Share URL and Print PDF.
We’ve introduced search in Offline mode for structured and unstructured documents. It features stemming, result clustering, highlighting and case- and diacritic-insensitive data processing. Furthermore, facets are available to help you filter results.
See it in action: https://doc.antidot.net/go/FT/Screencasts/OfflineMode
Pretty URL Generator
We’ve improved the Pretty URL generator to share meaningful and non-ambiguous URLs:
- Having a normalization function so that all special characters, including spaces, are rewritten to keep the URLs pretty (avoiding browser encoding).
- Including specific metadata from topics at intermediate levels within the Table of Contents’ hierarchy.
- Displaying Pretty URLs in lieu of IDs directly in the address bar for structured and unstructured documents, and as the default URL whenever possible.
We open-sourced our Markdown connector so you can use it in your continuous integration pipelines to push documentation to your FT portal. Moreover, the latest version of the Markdown connector supports mathematical equations, Mermaid-generated diagrams and source code highlighting.