Fluid Topics is proud to announce the launch of Fluid Topics V.4. This release marks a significant step forward for Dynamic Content Delivery and ushers in the next generation of the Fluid Topics platform.
This Release Note highlights a ton of exciting features, functionalities and improvements for admins and users alike. As you can imagine, there is a lot to sift through. Sit tight and enjoy the ride!
Taruqa, a Personalized Search Experience
Our customers have always been happy with the quality of our search engine, so why would we want to develop Taruqa?
When collecting feedback on the search experience in Fluid Topics, many customers have mentioned that they would love to actually go one step further and provide the same personalized search experience to their clients as the one they’re experiencing on the web using Google.
As a result, bringing personalized search results to Fluid Topics became our next challenge and we are proud to introduce Taruqa, our new search engine.
There are two immediate benefits of Taruqa versus our legacy search engine:
- Taruqa greatly improves the search relevance, especially for multi-word queries. It is proven and measurable: our technology scores 25% better than classical open-source solutions such as Elastic, SolR in academic benchmarks.
- Providing personalized results to each user. Taruqa applies search parameters on the fly in the ranking equation, including users’ search preferences.
How does it work?
Users can apply their preferred filters to get a personalized search experience:
- They can set preferences directly in the “My Account” menu.
- Administrators can configure user filters and retrieve user-related information (groups, profile, attributes) from SSO or any CRM or database by simply adding a few lines of script.
Even unauthenticated users can benefits from it. Fluid Topics provides a way to manage search preferences through custom tiles in the Page Designer. This feature let admins manage the search personalization.
Finally search preferences can also be provided by your CRM or any existing system that knows something about your users, such as the products they own.
We will continue the work on Taruqa in the coming months, years! Stay tuned!
The New Search Bar
Following the release of Taruqa, we have introduced a new search bar to enable users to benefit from the full Taruqa capabilities.
The global layout has been redesigned and users can now easily select hierarchical facets.
Page Designer and Asset Library
We have launched a much-awaited feature: The Page Designer (currently in beta version).
It offers the possibility to design pages with a WYSIWYG editor, including the portal’s homepage as well as any number of navigation pages.
The Page Designer includes:
- Basic and specific components, such as the new search bar, search results, topic content, a custom tile that lets you write your own code…
- Many styling properties to set the position, layout, spacing, sizing, border, background properties…
- A responsive design.
- The Asset Library to let you manage (add/update/remove) images used for portal design and branding.
- The backup and migration tool, to download/upload pages separately, select by status – draft or published – and include assets if necessary.
You can learn more about it on our Smart Documentation Portal page.
We have worked with the Paligo product team to interconnect our products and make the publishing experience seamless. All content written using Paligo is now one click away from being on your Fluid Topics portal.
All required settings to define which Fluid Topics tenant you want to publish content to are accessible in the Paligo application:
A new connector has been developed on the Fluid Topics side to process the published content and integrate it in the Knowledge Hub (KHub) with all your other documents.