Released on July 29th, this release focuses primarily on empowering admins and content managers.
Main new features are:
User interface for configuring everything
To make our customers always more autonomous in managing their Fluid Topics portals, v3.6 brings many new admin interfaces. The most noticeable one is the ability to configure facets and tags directly through the portal Administration:
- Select which metadata should be displayed as facets or tags
- Organize them: which facet comes first, etc.
- Define their labels
- Choose the way values are sorted
Other admin interfaces include:
- Configure the integration of a tenant through the OpenSearch protocol, thereby allowing the Knowledge Hub to participate to federated searches.
- Customize PDF template: download existing PDF generation template, modify fonts, icons, add languages template, and upload it back.
- Set authentication parameters: authentication required, disable direct login, or logout button, user redirection when logging out, etc.
- Define a custom search ranking rule.
Search experience improvements
Fast access to relevant information is central to Fluid Topics’ value proposition. Hence, improving the search experience is a permanently open track.
Fluid Topics aims at full WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility compliance, and at providing the most efficient user experience for accessing content through the turnkey portal. For version 3.6, the following improvements were added:
- Make all pages have a unique browser window title.
- Ensure that portal images have an alternate text.
- Add a ‘skip to main content’ button.
V3.6 brings many more improvements such as:
- Enhanced responsiveness of the UI on small mobile devices
- Automatic SSO routing in case of multiple SSO back-ends
- Support of CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) for API integration
- New backup and restore tool (for on-premises customers or full data reversibility)
Please give this new version a spin
and let us know what you think.