Does this sound familiar?
Your company made the choice to create technical documentation using DITA structured data authoring tools such as oXygen or XMetal.
Your company may also use component content management system (CCMS) to store and manage technical topics and documentation assets.
Static content like PDFs and HTML pages are generated with DITA-OT or another rendering engine and published on a website.
Your team's challenges
- Organizing technical content becomes more and more difficult as website document volume grows.
- Due to system complexity and limitations, only the latest document versions can be published, which leaves long-time customers high and dry.
- Users face a tedious search process because the company search engine provides neither contextual nor personalized search functions.
- You company’s search engine index lacks advanced specificity filtering capabilities, so large PDFs and other static files returns hundreds of citations that lack relevance.
- Searches results are further impaired because most content metadata gets lost during the publishing process and cannot be leveraged to focus the find.
- Website analytics provide precious little insights and no visibility into what people read and need.
- To secure valuable internal information assets, content access profiles should be aligned with your enterprise managed security policies, but the system will not support this.
- Upgrading your company’s website to make it mobile-ready will take months.